Today, cooking oil comes in different forms. Also, the taste and texture of oil vary from one to another. You can buy cooking oils from your local grocery store, or you can even make them at home. You need to understand that the health benefits of each cooking oil are different from one another.
Best cooking oil is the one that is rich in nutritional value and has the highest smoking point. So, which cooking oil is good for you? Here are some tips for selecting the best and healthy cooking oil.
1) When choosing cooking oil, several essential factors to consider. First, you need to make sure that the oil is not rancid. To do that, shake some oil and look at it – if you see ripples on the surface, then it is probably rancid. Also, take a whiff of the oil – if it smells terrible, it is most likely distasteful. Convenient to buy the type of edible vegetable oil or rapeseed oil, which is the most healthy cooking oil.
2) Coconut canola finished product with good quality, because it has a high smoke point, that is, up to 350 degrees which makes it an ideal oil for frying. It also contains lauric acid that helps your body to fight disease.
3) When frying food, do not use old oil. The old garlic flavor was strong and will make the food not taste good. In addition, the food is cooked in old oil to absorb toxins from the oil at high temperatures can cause cancer.
4) Frying flavor good cold-pressed refined sunflower oil because it is high in vitamin E. This oil contains 34% of the recommended daily amount and has a good ratio of linoleic acid and omega-six fatty acids, which helps reduce the risk of heart disease.
5) Cooking should choose plant ingredients, dietary fiber-rich foods high in nutrition value, less saturated fat content is about one-third of edible fats and oils necessary. At this point, must be careful not to exceed the proportion of 20 percent meal enough.
6) When the choice of cooking oil should pay attention to choosing a good quality and legal production of edible natural oils and fats: virgin or cold-pressed olive oil, sunflower seed oil, unrefined sesame oil, and other plant oils; animal fat such as lard, tallow, ghee.
7) Choose non-GMO soybean oil, canola, or corn oil for foods containing many starch ingredients fried food temperature is relatively low. Cooking oil should be free, vegetable oil or high-quality rapeseed oil.
8) When choosing peanut oil, must be careful not to buy fake lubricant industry made of peanut using raw materials without removing garbage residues (stones), peanuts meal mixed with it.
9) Animal fat will transfer during cooking and taste foods unpleasant smell oil, for this reason, if you choose to use animal fat, but some spicy foods, so choose good quality cooking oil to avoid these kinds of problems.
10) Olive oil suitable for salad dressing, stir-frying dishes olive oil smoke point is very high. However, not ideal for frying because of its strong kerosene flavor and lack of stability.
11) The price is determined by raw materials and processing methods used in cooking oil: the more pure natural materials and refining methods using lower prices; if the simple oil production process is relatively significant, edible vegetable oils and animal fats will be increased accordingly increased selling price.
12) Each species has a different degree of unsaturated fatty acids such as peanut, soybean, or canola oils containing more than 40 percent linoleic acid (omega-6)—the proportion of one-third of the daily limit.
13) Linoleic acid in cooking oil is oxidized, increasing cholesterol levels in the human body quickly leads to cardiovascular disease and other diseases.
14) If hydrogenation machine can not be used because it may contain trans fatty acids suspected of carcinogenic tumors and the role of coronary heart disease.
15) For cold storage, choose cold soybean or palm kernel oil in metal cans for deep frying. Tin packaging helps keep the quality edible oil in good condition for a long time.
16) Choose refined sunflower seed oil to make fried foods with delicious taste and no odor; peanut oil heating pot test hot (bubbles appear on the surface); vegetable oils require higher temperature smoke point.
17) Choose cold-pressed sunflower oil, canola, or rapeseed oil oils with antioxidants (vitamin E), so cooked more nutritious and flavor than refined vegetable oils cooked foods longer freshness.
18) When choosing cooking oil, remember the shelf life is not long. Edible soybean or canola oil 6-12 months; virgin olive oil one year; palm kernel oil six months; lard quickly becomes rancid after one year.
19) Many fake edible cooking oils in the market do not choose good quality counterfeit products; consumers should learn to identify counterfeit products made of industrial raw materials to comply with national standards for the food production process strictly.
20) Smoke point high grease is suitable for frying foods at low temperatures but not ideal for high-temperature deep-frying. The smoke point of low grease optimal frying food at medium temperatures does not matter after the oil is mixed with other impurities, and the smoke point will increase.
21) Cooking oils should choose a higher quality animal fat content that is relatively small, “mutton tallow,” “pork lard,” or “beef tallow.” These fats do not appear yellowish color as soybean oil, peanut oil, and sesame oil which contains unsaturated fatty acids easily oxidized heated during cooking, creates unhealthy substances.
22) Choose cheaper brand cooking oil products produced by large enterprises in a high turnover of funds; lower costs can reduce prices down to consumer goods more competitive.
23) When choosing cooking oil, must not be satisfied with appearance and packaging, also need to pay attention to the expiration date.
24) Choose cooking oil should avoid its flavor is too healthy food will saturate flavor, so it becomes unappetizing, therefore choose soybean oil without kerosene-like taste; virgin olive oil with slight acidity; avocados with mild flavor than other fruit vegetable oils such as corn.
25) Do not choose rancid oil in the supermarket. Its flavor is too strong and will easily contaminate food, resulting in being distasteful or harmful to human health.